The 2016 Hazeldean Photo Contest
The Hazeldean Community League’s Photo Contest is your chance to show off your neighbourhood and win some sweet prizes! The contest is very simple:
- Take photos of your neighbourhood and community (it must be taken in Hazeldean, boundaries in the rules below!)
- Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org - include your name, as well as any title for the photo if you have one, and the category you think it fits in.
- Enter as many times as you like!
- We will select the best photos and feature them at the AGM on October 4th at 7pm, where the membership will vote for their favourites!
- The winner of each category will win a $25 gift card to Lucy's Bakery!
- Natural Beauty: Showcase the incredible green spaces, wildlife and other natural beauty from Hazeldean.
- Vibrant Community: Hazeldean is a place with a vibrant livelihood. Capture the community in action, walking, playing, organizing or whatever you see that speaks to a vibrant community.
- Uniquely Hazeldean: There’s a lot that separates our community and makes it one-of-a-kind. Capture what makes Hazeldean unique and share it with the world!
- Creative Citizens: From incredible front-yards in bloom to backyard treehouses to artists and makers, Hazeldean has some fantastic creators. Capture some of that creativity, or take your photos in a creative way!
- Je ne sais quoi: Maybe it’s the french-immersion school in our neighbourhood but there’s a certain je ne sais quoi to Hazeldean. If your photo doesn’t fit into any of the other categories, it’ll find its place here.
- Submissions will be accepted until September 25, 2016.
- Community League Membership is not necessary (though we encourage you to purchase one!)
- You may submit as many times as you like, but each individual may only win once. If an individual is selected as the winner for two or more categories, they will only win a single category, and runner-ups will be selected for the others.
- Submitting to the contest grants the Hazeldean Community League a non-exclusive right to broadcast and publish the submitted photos. That just means that we can share the photos on our facebook and newsletter. You still own them and can share them as much as you like!
- Photos must be taken within the neighbourhood of Hazeldean (east of 99st, south of 72nd ave, north of Argyll, west of Mill Creek), except in the case of inside Mill Creek Ravine/Argyll Park in which photos must be taken south of 76ave, North of 88st and West of the Velodrome. The goal is to feature what makes our neighbourhood great.
- You must respect the neighbourhood when taking photos. That means if you make a mess, clean it up. Don't do anything to damage our natural spaces. Make sure to get permission before taking a photo of anyone else and submitting.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any participant.
- And the most important rule: HAVE FUN!